Another year, another Small Business School Challenge success!
This past April, hundreds of MBA students were paired with small businesses to provide strategies and actionable recommendations to boost their business.
Over the course of 48 hours, the teams developed innovative approaches, identified opportunities and areas for improvement, conducted detailed research and planning, and networked with other businesses and industry leaders.
Real business improvement, thanks to the SBSC
The Small Business School Challenge is a lot more than just a networking event between business owners and MBA candidates. In fact, we’ve seen lasting benefits for those businesses who participated in previous years:
- 68% of the small businesses implemented the proposals that their MBA teams made
- 47% of them saw business improve by more than 20%
- 43% of them were able to rehire staff they had to lay off at the beginning of the pandemic
Congratulations to this year’s SBSC winners
Taking the top 3 spots on the national stage were:
- National first place: The MBA team from Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz College – Emily Skopov, Ruchita Dunung, and Gisselt Gomez representing their business client Bagelati
- National second place: The MBA team from UC Berkeley, Haas School of Business – Drew Schneider, Deudutta Negori, and Varun Tyagi representing their business client BookBuyers
- National third place: The MBA team from Washington University in St.Louis, Olin School of Business – Arajit Samanta, Scott Horan, and Michael Weaver representing their business client Ted Rhodes Foundation
Learn more about the Small Business School Challenge… and get ready to apply!
Mark you calendar — the next SBSC happens in the Fall of 2021.
Interested in applying? Here’s some additional reading you might want to check out:
- Visit the Small Business School Challenge website to learn more about the contest
- See the full full list of this year’s winners
- Read “6 strategies for retail businesses from top MBA programs”: This article shares some of the hottest advice for small businesses from last year’s Challenge
🤝 Want a closer look into how small businesses are finding unmatched success using RingCentral?
Originally published Jun 29, 2021